- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or another healthy oil of your choice)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease it lightly.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger).
- In another bowl, whisk together the applesauce, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; it’s okay if there are a few lumps.
- If desired, fold in the chopped nuts and raisins or dried cranberries for added texture and flavor.
- Pour the muffin batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your guilt-free and delicious healthy pumpkin muffins as a wholesome snack or breakfast treat!
Feel free to adjust the sweetness level and add-ins to suit your taste preferences. These muffins are a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall while maintaining a healthy eating routine.