- 24oz of Frozen Pureed Butternut Squash
- 2 Medium Golden Delicious Apples
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 TSP of Nutmeg
- 2 cans of Evaporated Milk (Fat-Free)
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Microwave the frozen squash until mostly thawed (5-10 minutes)
- Peel then shred apples using a grater of food processor. Set aside ¼ Cup.
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add all of the apples accept the ¼ Cup. Cook and stir until the apples are soft.
- Stir in the thawed squash and nutmeg.
- Add the evaporated milk, stirring in a little at a time until completely smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and continuously stir over medium heat until simmering.
- Serve and top with remaining apples.
Derived from a recipe posted by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute