Healthy Crockpot Apple Butter
September 7, 2022
We are quickly approaching apple-picking season! In the greater Charlotte area there are several places to pick delicious apples. Try this delicious apple butter recipe that skips the unnecessary added sugar! Best of all, you can use your crockpot which is easy and mess-free.
- 10–12 sliced apples
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Put all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- At 10 hours, once apples are fully cooked, soft, and brown, use an immersion blender or transfer to a normal blender to blend completely.
- Transfer the blended mixture back into the crockpot and continue simmering for an additional 2 hours until it reaches a thicker texture.
- Let cool, store in jars in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also use a canning method if you’d like to preserve your cans for long.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.