Healthy Strawberry French Toast
- Bread of choice (we love Ezekiel bread!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned is great!)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon of nutmeg
- 2 cups of chopped strawberries (with additional honey and cinnamon)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, and spices
- Over medium heat, begin to heat up some butter in a shallow skillet
- While the butter is melting, dunk your bread in the egg mixture on both sides until totally coated.
- Place coated bread in the skillet and cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- After you finish the french toast, you can make a nice strawberry sauce by simple mashing the strawberries, a bit of honey, and cinnamon in a small bowl. It’s delicious!
- Optional: top your french toast with strawberry sauce, greek yogurt, some chopped nuts, cinnamon, and a touch more honey!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.